Welcome to my world...

my search for a fabulous life!

Wednesday 28 April 2010

My Favourite Things, Part 1: Style and Sentimentality

I anxiously await my turn, dwelling endlessly in the crowded outer lounge of the chief muse of chic-topia, bestower of all thoughts stylish.  So what is one to do when the inspiration queue snakes indefinitely, assuring only one thing: that I will not be granted audience or fashion revelations any time soon.  I look outward, I channel the flaneur...and I wander, looking for the next evolution in my search for Style nirvana. I ramble luxuriously around the internet, in my books, through my makeup, about my garden, all over my town, inside my home, and (almost always) deep within my closet. And what is the purpose of these fanciful flights?  A quest to discover the new, as well as ways to renew the old.  Inevitably, I am always drawn back to my sentimental favourites; things that are comforting, endlessly inspiring and just so....me; my whimsical and fantastic Style self.


Style is more than anything, personal; a journey of mind and body. Just as the act of going about our lives changes us a smidgen at a time, our Style self evolves daily. Everyone and everything is an influence on your personal Style; who we meet, where we’ve been, what we’ve read, who we are always becoming. We mark our lives with it; beloved clothing and accessories become a part of us, their magic infuses us, brings us luck, love and happiness. 


Style makes our memories, fuels our dreams and desires, and allows us to be who and what we want. Like a celestial guardian, Style is there for us when we’re down and need a lift as well as always ready to raise a glass in celebration with us in good times. So grab your goblet and say Cheers!


                                                           ***********************
Here are a few of my sentimental, enduring favourites and daily must-haves.  What we love tells the world about us, what we wear proclaims our individuality -  what's your story?




(Please excuse the photo quality on these, having some technical as well as photo talent issues! I promise to work on getting them better, but am sacrificing quality for content!)






                         Smelling heavenly: Faves are Chanel Cuir de Russie and Gardenia, Dior Addict, Tom Ford Black Orchid, Guerlain Insolence,Arpege, Prada Ambre, MyQueen by McQueen, and pure essential oils of Sandalwood, Rose, Jasmine, Violet, Vanilla, and Frankencense..






  The lovely Ms. Beansidhe (Boo) Beaglette and  the HERMES scarf my husband bought me for my birthday during our moving voyage to England aboard the amazing QM2! Everyone needs at least one piece of HERMES!


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 








My beautiful BLACKBERRY!  (even better when the perfect one is bought for you by a friend!)











My 'Magic Shoes' (vintage John Fluevogs' from Trash and Vaudeville in NYC, please excuse the puppy hair!) These come complete with the memories of: falling over in them during a performance by my band in New York, a crazy photo shoot day in London and wandering around lost in Paris. Stylish sentimentality does have its strange side!


                                
      




 Great Literature, crystal goblets and good wine an important part of my life/style!






A trench coat, beret, some pink, and my English garden!
                                                                    


I cannot imagine life without big black sunnies ...




and dark lippy!


I look my best when my adorable, patient, and talented musician husband, Gwydian Graves is by my side!



                         And of course, both starting and ending the days with a sleepy Boo completes me!


So, what  makes up my everyday style?   Converse all-stars, boots, tights, a wardrobe drenched in 95% black, never less than 50+ SPF suncream, ponytails and buns, tee-shirts, jackets of all types (military, fitted, trenches, motos and maxis in velvet, leather and suede), an endless array of scarves, hats, and leather gloves, trunks of costume jewelry, and always, the unexpected...what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment